Wednesday 18 April 2018

Under the Sea Brooch - Mixed Up Mag Challenge Team Blog - Texture

Just a quick update to my blog on texture on how I add texture in my jewellery pieces.  This blog is part of the first challenged on the Make it Mixed Media Challenge Blog - May 2018 Texture. I'm so happy to be on this team as I love the magazine and love contributing my project ideas to it.

 ****
Here I am again, it's like waiting for a bus - you wait for hours then all of a sudden three come along at once! Random but that's me at the moment as my head is popping off in all directions.

I'm in the middle of a big sort out as I'm planning on opening an Etsy shop and also some of my jewellery is going off to a new craft centre where hopefully some of it will be sold.  OK I'm rambling...

I came across this piece that I made from scratch when I was planning a bare copper and resin workshop for Jewellery Maker.
This Under the Sea inspired piece was made with Bare Copper which I textured and riveted together before oxidising.  I then added an image in the background.  The texture in this comes from two sources. The dark blue texture is crushed Sodalite gemstones.  The lighter blue is coarse German glass glitter.  These were all set in place in the first layer of resin.
I then added some more images of fish and some tiny real sea shells that I picked up on the beach.  These added depth and dimension and were set in place with another layer of resin. 
To finish I added more glass glitter and Sodalite and topped it off with a small real pearl and a silver fish charm.
Watch out for more jewellery blogs soon
By for now
Fi

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is super cute! I love this xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna, keep watching as i'll be doing a Facebook live demo very soon. Xx

      Delete