Wednesday 15 November 2017

Powertex Hat - NEC November 2017

Hi there long time no see!

I took a nice break and enjoyed 2 weeks in Cornwall in September and October just seemed to disappear!  Then November came along with a fabulous Hobby show at the NEC and I had a great time with Powertex UK demonstrating all kinds of texy things.



There was a lot of interest in the hat I bought along to alter with Powertex and so as promised here is a quick step by step photo story of how this old felt trilby was transformed into a bit of goth type magic. 


I started with a selection of fabrics and added MDF, Plaster and sand embellishments.






Once it was dry I added a variety of pigments to give it colour and to bring out all the fabulous textures.





It really was a great project to make and I wore it the following weekend at Ministry of Mixology, Coventry and here is the finiished hat.


Products used were all Powertex:

Have fun and happy 'Texing

Bye for now
Fi







3 comments: